Volunteer at Wellstead
Make a difference- Volunteering gives you the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of young people in local schools and the wider community. You can use your skills and experience to help and enrich the local community.
Fun - Volunteering can be fun and fulfilling allowing you to experience opportunities not usually available to you. You will be providing an opportunity for children to progress and achieve more in their learning.
Training - Whilst volunteering at Wellstead Primary School, we will endeavour to provide you with excellent on the job training, which will be useful both at our school and in other areas of life.
Influence Career Choice - Volunteering gives you a chance to gain experience in an area you may like to work in. For some, volunteering can give you the opportunity to sample potential career choices.
Build Your Confidence – Many volunteers encounter a variety of new challenges when they begin their time in schools. In sharing new experiences with new people, you can learn new skills, building your confidence to face challenges in other areas of your lives.
As a Volunteer you can expect…
- To be involved with a team that is dedicated to promoting excellent opportunities for children in an outstanding learning environment.
- A supportive and positive environment that ensures you enjoy volunteering.
- Opportunities to influence the development and success of children and their achievements.
- To be treated with respect and made to feel valued.
- Opportunities to undertake appropriate training and mentoring.
- Access to ongoing advice and support, including a named contact.
- Recognition and thanks.
- Equal Opportunities.
In return we ask that you...
- Support our aims and objectives.
- Remember that you will be a representative of Wellstead Primary School.
- Treat fellow volunteers, staff and all pupils with courteously and with respect, remaining professional at all times.
- Wear appropriate clothing when volunteering.
- Adhere to Health and Safety guidelines.
- Adhere to Child Protection Guidelines.
- Promote positive behaviour strategies when working with young people.
- Identify that you are a positive role model to young people.
- Let us know if you wish to change the nature of your volunteering contribution.
- Enjoy your time as a volunteer.
If you would like to volunteer at the school then please contact the school office.